The product suite supports the full alternative investment lifecycle for both managers (GPs) and investors (LPs). Lionpoint Group has extensive eFront product experience working with fund managers, pension funds, asset managers and family offices.
Lionpoint Group offers an array of services around the eFront product suite.
Lionpoint Group is a recognized eFront Implementation Partner. Learn more.
eFront Implementation Services
We work with our clients and eFront to define the optimum solution design and support our clients through an eFront implementation from project planning and phasing through configuration, data migration, report development, testing and final Go Live. We act as an extension of our client and deliver a full knowledge transfer to the ‘business as usual’ team.
“Lionpoint Group has been a valued implementation partner of eFront for several years. They have deep FrontInvest product knowledge and complement the eFront project teams by bringing client-side project management, expert business analysis, and a robust methodology.” – Tarek Chouman, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, eFront
Our project managers draw upon prior eFront experience to help our client manage the project and mitigate risks, including:
- Creating an environment of collaboration between team members (vendor, client, consultant) all aligned to one objective – a successful project delivery
- Work with the business and stakeholders to ensure definition of complete and accurate business requirements at the start of the project with appropriate checks and balances (as requirements and priorities will change)
- Project oversight and risk management are designed to ensure that project activities are managed, controlled, coordinated, supervised, and focused on the goals and objectives of the project
Business Analysis and Data Migration:
Very often clients are thin on resources available to dedicate themselves to a full implementation project – our BAs are an extension of the client team and provide a critical resource to ensure the project stays on track and has the greatest chance of success. We support our client’s team with business analysts who know both the product and our client’s business and undertake essential project tasks like the following:
- Documentation of all design decisions and the new operating model leveraging the software
- Developing and executing test plans
- Supporting the Data Migration process, from data cleansing to population of data import templates and ultimately testing of that data in the new system
Report Design and Build:
The eFront FrontInvest solution is extremely flexible, leaning that a vast array of dashboards and reports can be configured to meet the needs of the different user groups. Understanding the database and reporting environment is critical to helping client’s determine the most appropriate reporting strategy for their business and building out dashboards and reports with the right levels of flexibility. Reporting functions include:
- Creating a reporting plan and strategy to meet the needs of all business stakeholders
- Developing clear report specifications with a sound knowledge of the FrontInvest application and data model
- Creating reporting test cases and plans
- Building dashboards and reports leveraging our network of eFront trained reporting experts
Too often companies implement software solutions then get caught up in day-to-day business operations and don’t keep up to date with new features and functionality releases from business models and priorities change, meaning that the way a software application was implemented could be misaligned with strategic objectives and tactical requirements. At Lionpoint Group we keep abreast of eFront’s product developments as well as networking with eFront clients to stay informed about better practices and new developments. Working with eFront, our team translates this into a roadmap to help legacy eFront clients map their current requirements to the eFront suite, develop an upgrade and migration plan, and most importantly migrate data and reports to the new environment. Specific activities undertaken during any upgrade include:
- Update the core business requirements with a focus on what has changed
- Map the latest features and functionality available in FrontInvest to the business requirements
- Review any new modules or functionality and conduct design sessions to determine the optimum configuration to meet the business requirements
- Develop a data migration strategy, leveraging SQL scripts for more efficient data transfer where appropriate
- Identify data gaps and a plan to fill those, including creation of eFront data import templates
- Identify changes to dashboards and reports and make the necessary report configuration updates
- Create and execute test plans to ensure the upgrade has been effectively carried out and the new features are operating as expected the vendor
About eFront and FrontInvest
eFront is the leading software provider of solutions dedicated to the financial industry with recognized expertise in Alternative Investments and Risk Management. eFront’s solutions serve major companies in the Private Equity, Real-Estate Investment, Banking, and Insurance sectors.
eFront Products include:
FrontInvest for GPs
FrontInvest for LPs
FrontPM for Portfolio Monitoring
Investment Café for Investor Reporting and Communications
Pevara for Private Equity Benchmarking
eFront is dedicated to innovation and works tirelessly to ensure that its products leverage the most current technological advancements in order to provide the broadest set of capabilities in a user-friendly environment.
Although eFront products offer many pre-configurations and pre-built reports, they are highly configurable and extensible in order to meet the exact needs of the most unique organizations. They are also modular, allowing firms to start with a single capability and to expand to others as needed. eFront products grow with an organization as they grow and expand their operations.
Questions? Contact us today.