Job Description – Business Analyst / Consultant – North America – IMMEDIATE
Lionpoint Group is a global consulting and advisory firm with a focus on Alternative Investments with deep capabilities tailored for front to back officeoperations across asset classes. We serve fund managers, fund of funds managers, and advisors as well as sovereign funds, pension funds, endowments, trusts and family offices. Our domain expertise includes private equity, private debt, real estate, hedge funds and infrastructure. We provide strategic advisory, operations transformation, systems integration and implementation, and business intelligence and data visualization services. Our team members have the expertise and knowledge to provide a unique front to back office perspective of alternative investment management and operations with a deep understanding of both business operations and enabling technologies.
Managers and investors require greater transparency into their underlying portfolio companies and investment holdings. The increase in industry regulations, compliance, and investor reporting demands require efficient capabilities for data collection, validation, normalization, performance reporting and analytics for the Private Capital asset class. Lionpoint Group’s Portfolio Monitoring, Compliance & Reporting Service team has extensive “middle office” product experience working with fund managers and institutional investors.
Lionpoint Group Need:
We are seeking talented and motivated Business Analysts / Consultants to be a part of the growing team in our Portfolio Monitoring, Compliance, and Reporting service line. The primary role for successful candidates is to work on teams tasked with addressing manager and
investor requirements for greater transparency into underlying portfolio companies and investment holdings. Our projects include process optimization, operational efficiency improvements and the implementation of enabling technologies to support the collection, validation, normalization, performance reporting and analytics associated with underlying holdings in Private Capital.
This position is part of an overall Business Analyst team that is collaborative and supportive towards providing the best client service with consistent high‐quality deliverables. The candidate must be able to identify and investigate problems outlined by the business teams, then drive towards an effective solution.
- Become an integral part of a team that drives projects and implementations from initiation to client Go‐Live and beyond.
- Support senior members conducting business requirement interviews.
- Document business requirements, processes, data, and reporting requirements.
- Understand the client’s existing business processes and assist the client in defining improved business solutions based on the client’s strategic goals and constraints.
- Work with clients to analyze their current and future business needs, recommend best practice solutions, and define and document project deliverables for these solutions.
- Understands the intricacies of Alternative Asset Operations or subjects related to the completion of projects
- Minimizes firm’s exposure and risk on projects
- Minimum of 1-3 years of combined experience in Consulting, Business Analysis, Project Management, System Implementations (SDLC), Private Equity, Finance, or Real Estate preferably within the Alternative Investment industry
- Exceptional communication, organization, interpersonal & client‐service skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Excel Add‐ins for Investor Reporting and Dashboards
- Good understanding of financial modeling and reporting/analysis
- Able to deliver presentations and training in a formal environment
- Proven skills in documentation, process mapping (Visio), and other Microsoft Office tools
- Self‐motivated and proactive in a fast‐paced environment
- The ability to interact with vendors and partners to acquire technical information critical to a project’s requirements, costs or execution
- Product knowledge of iLEVEL, eFront FrontInvest, FIS Investran, Voyanta, AssetEye, Baxon or other portfolio management and monitoring systems a plus
- Flexibility for travel